All topics are explained thoroughly, accompanied by illustrative, relevant examples (and journals where applicable).
IFRS Refresher Part 1:
- Property, Plant & Equipment (IAS 16), Goodwill and Intangible assets (IAS 38), Impairment of Assets (IAS 36)
- Initial & subsequent recognition
- Impairment testing
- Research & development cost
- Borrowing cost
- Inventory (IAS 2)
IFRS Refresher Part 2:
Accounting policies, changes in Estimates and Errors (IAS 8)
- Provisions, Accruals and contingent liabilities/assets (IAS 37)
- Income Tax (IAS 12)
- Investment Properties (IAS 40)
- Share based payments (IFRS 2)
- Goodwill & Business combinations (IFRS 3)
- Refresher on acquisition accounting
- Calculating Goodwill under IFRS (change in formula)
- Foreign Exchange transactions (IAS 21)
- A user-friendly, comprehensive material pack which can be used again after the course to refresh your memory or to assist with a technical issue
- Illustrative examples & case studies to ensure topics are fully grasped, including journal entries.
- Model Financial Statements & disclosure notes, including first time adoption requirements
- Additional handouts and resources with application guidance
|VENUES & PRACTICAL INFORMATION|
- At the moment our public courses are all done online.
- Course duration: 3 hours for each of Part 1 and Part 2
- CPD per session: 3 hours
- Time: 2pm - 5pm
Venues (not at the moment during Covid crisis)
- London: The following venues are being used, all well served by public transport -
- The ICAEW, Chartered Accountants' Hall, 1 Moorgate Place, EC2R 6EA;
- DeVere Holborn Bars, 138-142 Holborn, EC1N 2NQ; or
- The Petersham Hotel, Nightingale Lane, Richmond, TW10 6UZ
- Venue is confirmed nearer course date. Feel free to contact us with enquiries.
|WHO WILL BENEFIT|
The course is ideal for anyone in need of a thorough and up to date refresher of IFRS in a practical and relevant way. It may be that you have not dealt with the detail of IFRS for some time, or that you have been focusing on a few IFRS standards in your work place, necessitating a refresher and update in all of the key areas.
- Accountants in industry or practice - e.g. ACA, ACCA, CA(SA), CA(ANZ), CAI, ICAS, CIMA, FCA, etc.
- Financial managers, directors, controllers, CFOs
- Analysts, investors and other users of financial statements
Contact us for courses elsewhere in the UK, e.g. Edinburgh & Manchester, or having an in-house course presented at your offices.