All topics are explained thoroughly, accompanied by illustrative, relevant examples (and journals where applicable).
IFRS Refresher Part 1:
- Property, Plant & Equipment (IAS 16)
- Intangible assets (IAS 38) - includes research and development cost
- Impairment of Assets (IAS 36)
- Borrowing Cost (IAS )
- Inventory (IAS 2)
- Accounting policies, changes in estimates and errors (IAS 8)
IFRS Refresher Part 2:
- Provisions, Accruals and contingent liabilities/assets (IAS 37)
- Investment Properties (IAS 40)
- Share based payments (IFRS 2)
- Business combinations (IFRS 3) - including Goodwill
- Foreign Exchange transactions (IAS 21)
- Financial Instruments (IFRS 9) - focussing on the ‘basic’ financial instruments applicable to most companies e.g. investments, loans, payables and receivables, derivatives)
* PLEASE NOTE: IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers and IFRS 16 Leases are covered in a separate session together with an overall IFRS Update. Please see the IFRS Update page for more information on these sessions.
- A user-friendly, comprehensive material pack which can be used again after the course to refresh your memory or to assist with a technical issue
- Illustrative examples & case studies to ensure topics are fully grasped, including journal entries.
- Model Financial Statements & disclosure notes
- Additional handouts and resources with application guidance
|VENUES & PRACTICAL INFORMATION|
- Due to Covid, all our public courses are provided online.
- Duration: 3 hours for each of Part 1 and Part 2
- CPD per session: 3 hours
- Time: 2pm - 5pm
Venues (n/a at the moment during Covid)
- London: The following venues are being used, all well served by public transport -
- The ICAEW, Chartered Accountants' Hall, 1 Moorgate Place, EC2R 6EA;
- DeVere Holborn Bars, 138-142 Holborn, EC1N 2NQ; or
- The Petersham Hotel, Nightingale Lane, Richmond, TW10 6UZ
- Venue is confirmed nearer course date. Feel free to contact us with enquiries.
|WHO WILL BENEFIT|
Ideal for anyone in need of a thorough and up to date refresher of IFRS in a practical and relevant way. It may be that you have not dealt with the detail of IFRS for some time, or that you have been focusing on a few IFRS standards in your work place, necessitating a refresher and update in all of the key areas.
- Accountants in industry or practice - e.g. ACA, ACCA, CA(SA), CA(ANZ), CAI, ICAS, CIMA, FCA, etc.
- Financial managers, directors, controllers, CFOs
- Analysts, investors and other users of financial statements
Contact us for courses elsewhere in the UK, e.g. Edinburgh & Manchester, or having a tailored in-house course presented to your finance team online or at your office.