|NEW UK GAAP - FRS 102, Section 1A or FRS 105
|This is an open CPD event - feel free to invite colleagues/friends.|
New dates coming soon!
Contact us if interested in this course.
|7 hrs||London||9.30 - 17.00||£325||BOOK NOW|
Cost excludes VAT
* Dates are currently being considered for Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester, Aberdeen. Please get in touch to register your interest for these locations.
This practical and interactive 1 day course is presented by our expert, Hermien Bonthuys (ACA), who is known for her technical expertise and experience in applying the new FRSs having herself prepared numerous entities' first time adoption accounts.
The course has been designed to provide you with a thorough understanding of the impact that adopting the new FRSs - FRS 101, 102 (including Section 1A) or FRS 105 - will have on an entity's accounts. The course also counts towards CPD for qualified accountants.
This course is for preparers/adopters of FRS 102, FRS 102 Section 1A or FRS 105.
First time adoption of the new FRSs (101,102, 102 s1A or 105) must be applied retrospectively as at transition date - being the first day of an entity's comparative period. Retrospective application entails quite extensive additional work to be performed, which includes restating the comparative period's Balance Sheet and P&L, as well as preparing an Opening Balance Sheet as at transition date which is compliant with the entity's newly adopted FRS.
Small entities need to apply all the accounting requirements of FRS 102 itself - it is merely the presentation and disclosure requirements which are provided in Section 1A.
On this course we cover the new FRSs' requirements in depth - supplemented by illustrative examples and exercises for all key topics to ensure principles are fully grasped. Also includes a helpful comparison of the new requirements to those under 'old UK GAAP'/FRSSE.
Note: With an in-house course, the course content can be tailored to suit your specific needs and to focus on the areas of most relevance to your scenario. Contact us if this might be of interest.
The course kicks off with a brief overview of the new regime of the new UK Accounting Standards (FRS 100, 101, 102, 102 section 1A, 103, 104, 105). It also explains the steps to practically apply first time adoption, including :
- Effective transition date, retrospective application and restatements, preparing an Opening Balance Sheet, etc.;
- Criteria for small and micro entities to qualify for FRS 102 Section 1A and FRS 105 respectively;
- Practical points to consider before choosing to adopt FRS 105;
- Options available for reduced disclosures.
The following areas are covered in depth, supplemented by illustrative examples, exercises and guidance to help get to grips with the practical application:
- Significant changes in accountingtreatment from old UK GAAP to FRS 102 (including s1A) and FRS 105. Covered in depth:
- Comparison of accounting treatment between old UK GAAP and FRS 102 (which also applies to small entities adopting Section 1A)
- Topics include: Related party loans (including directors' loans and/or intercompany loans), Property Plant and Equipment (PPE), Investment Properties, Goodwill, Other Intangible assets, Lease classification and incentives, Provisions, Impairment testing, Cash and Cash equivalents, Borrowing cost, Investments, Interest expense/income, Basic Financial Instruments (includes related party loans e.g. Intercompany or Director's loans), Business Combinations, Deferred tax and more.)
- First time adoption specific requirements and provisions:
- Requirements for certain items on first time adoption, including reviews and remeasurements that affect assets, liabilities and equity
- Practical examples and exercises (including journal entries) to illustrate how to restate accounts retrospectively, namely to restate:
- Optional exemptions and mandatory exceptions at transition date: relief provided from retrospective application for certain items
- Practical suggestions for an effective plan of action and impact analysis to ensure your first set of accounts under the new FRSs runs smoothly
- The accounts/financial statements required by FRS 102 (and by Section s1A) and how they differ from old UK GAAP.
- Transition note: Additional disclosure required on first time adoption including two reconciliations of Equity and a reconciliation for the restated Profit or Loss account.
- Presentation and disclosure requirements specific to small entities under FRS 102 s1A
- Reduced disclosures offered by FRS 102
- Criteria to qualify
- Summary of disclosure exemptions provided
|MATERIALS & ADDITIONAL RESOURCES|
- Comprehensive material pack which can easily be referred to after the course
- Illustrative examples and exercises for all key topics - illustrating effects with adjustment journals
- Handouts of practical guidance and illustrations issued by the Accounting Standards Board.
- Examples of additional disclosures and transition note on first time adoption
|WHO WILL BENEFIT|
- All accountants - in practice or industry
- Finance managers/controllers/directors
- Analysts, investors or other users of financial statements
- Please enquire for exact venue for the course of interest to you. All our venues are centrally located in London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Aberdeen.
- London venues include The ICAEW, Chartered Accountants' Hall, Moorgate Place, EC2R 6EA; and The Petersham Hotel, Richmond.
|Dates are currently being scheduled for non-London locations|
|Please Contact us to register your interest for any of our course locations or to make a booking.|